Tender for licenses for co-pilot rides for the years 2024 to 2026
For the years 2024-2026 the Nürburgring 1927 GmbH & Co. KG (NG) is granting four licenses for the performance of co-pilot rides as a part of tourist rides on the Nürburgring Nordschleife. The licenses authorize the operation of two vehicles per licensee. Each licensee can only acquire one license. The validity of the licenses is limited to the years 2024-2026.
The granting of licenses is subject to the following procedural conditions:
- Licenses for co-pilot rides will only be issued to interested parties who accept the "Approval Prerequisites Co-Pilot supplier", as well as the sample agreement. The approval prerequisites and the sample agreement can be found on this page under the “Documents” section.
- The interested parties must submit their offer by no later than November 17, 2023 2 p.m. The aforementioned deadline is a cut-off deadline. Tenders received after this deadline will not be considered. Decisive for the timeliness of the offer is the receipt by the NG (not the dispatch by the interested party). The interested parties have two communication channels available for the submission of their offers.
- The offer can be sent in writing to the following address: Nürburgring 1927 GmbH & Co. KG, for the attention of Alexandra Thiel, Otto-Flimm-Straße, 53520 Nürburg.
- The offer can be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Offers submitted in any other form (e.g. verbal) are not permitted and will not be considered.
- The following documents must be submitted with the offer at the latest:
- The legally binding signed Approval Prerequisites Co-Pilot supplier.
- A letter stating the binding net offer amount of the interested party for the acquisition of a license to operate a maximum of two Co-Pilot cars on the Nürburgring Nordschleife for the 2024-2026 seasons (see electric vehicle exemption below). The net offer sum must amount to at least EUR 25,000 per season plus VAT. Offers that are below this amount will be excluded from the procedure.
The contract will be awarded to the four interested parties who have submitted the highest net bid with their offer. If several interested parties submit the same net bid amount, the lot will decide between these interested parties. The drawing of lots takes place under notarial supervision. The interested parties are admitted to this draw and will be notified accordingly.
The interested parties are requested to pay attention to the following additional information:
- The Nordschleife of the Nürburgring may be closed to tourists (for example, for weather or safety reasons). In the event of a blockage, the licensee will not be able to perform the co-pilot rides. The licensee is not entitled to have the track opened for tourist rides for a certain number of days.
- If you have any questions, please contact the following persons exclusively by e-mail:
- The license is valid for two fixed designated vehicles. The vehicles must be named by the start of the respective season. A main or replacement car may be exchanged no more than once a year. This exchange must be communicated with a lead time of at least one week and be linked to the submission of the proof of insurance. The licensee then receives a side letter to the license agreement. If a main car is proven to be permanently inoperative, it is possible to change the car regardless of the provision in sentence 2.
- When using purely electric cars: 2 identical cars (same model) may be named per main car. These two cars can be used alternately using the same season card, but never at the same time.